Meeting Information -Monthly Meeting
Date: January 18, 2018
Location: 8-Bit Restaurant, Murrieta, CA Time: 6:30 PM
Attendees: 11 Members/Guests
Board Members Present: Jan Prytz, President; Jessica Rittgarn, Vice President; Madelynn MacRunnel, Treasurer; Angelica Jones, Social Media; Susan Long, Charity Quilts
Board Member Absent: Taylor Darby, Secretary
- Jan Prytz, the President, conducted an informal meeting due to the unexpected change in the meeting location. The following was discussed/shared:
- First batch of charity quilts, approximately 5, will be donated to Jacob's House. The next batch will go to Arbor Hospice.
- Jessica Rittgarn will be coordinating meeting ideas this year, so let her know if you have any ideas. Also, let her know if you would like to do a presentation or if you know of someone who is interested. Our calendar currently has 4 openings.
- The March meeting will be a rope bowl sew-in project. Bring a sewing machine that can do a zig zag stitch. At the February meeting, Susan Long will collect $10.50 for those wishing for her to purchase your rope. Members are free to purchase their rope as well.
- Show and Tell - several members shared projects, but we were most impressed with Angelica's 7 year old daughter, Isabela, who shared a lovely quilt top and mug rug.
- QuiltCon Charity quilt was longarm machine quilted by NancyThomas. Angelica Jones volunteered to apply the binding and deliver the quilt to Colleen Molen for QuiltCon before the deadline.
- July Meeting will be a Jelly Roll Quilt top charity sew-in in lieu of a meeting; to be held at Primitive Gatherings. A second sew-in was also discussed, and would be held at Jane Rowland's home. For both sew-ins members will need to use a 42 strip jelly roll in order to achieve the desired size quilt top. More details will follow for each sew-in.
- Treasurer's Report - General and Charity Quilt Fund $1,091.44.
Upcoming Meeting and BOM presentations and BOM Construction requirements
NOTE: The block can be made in any fabric color desired, but with a low volume background fabric. The instructions are on the TVMQG Blog. Block needs to be completed to measure 12.5".
- BOM sign-up list will be distributed at the February meeting. A BOM will be shown in February for submission in March. Please bring all unfinished blocks to the February meeting, use this as an opportunity to catch up on your blocks. Also, if you have any orphan blocks or blocks that can be modified to 12.5 inches, please consider donating these as well.
- TVMQG now has a Pinterest account and one of the boards is 12" blocks.