Meeting Information -Monthly Meeting
Date: February 21, 2019
Location: Primitive Gatherings, Murrieta, CA Time: 6:30 PM
Attendees: 8 Members, 0 Guests
Board Members Present: Jessica Rittgarn, Vice President of Meetings; Madelynn MacRunnel, Treasurer; Taylor Darby, Secretary; Angelica Jones, Vice President of Social Media; Susanne O’Hara, Vice President of Charity Projects
Board Member Absent: Jan Prytz, President
- Jessica Rittgarn – Announcements:
- Next month we will make placemats for Meals-on-Wheels. Bring:
- Sewing machine
- Any fabric scraps, fat quarters, and/or batting to donate/use
- Don’t forget to help out with raffle prizes on your birthday month if you’re able.
- We are looking to set up an open sew-day. An email will be sent out soon with details.
- Treasure’s report: $1,006
- Raffle Ticket WINNERS:
- Nancy: three fat quarters
- Suzanne: fat quarter gift bag
- Nancy: Primitive Gatherings gift card
Show and Tell
Attendees sharing items - All beautiful and creative projects shared! The group enjoyed seeing all them too! See the TVMQG Blog posting for pictures.
Toni – quilted one of our charity quilts. She free-motion quilted the quilt and incorporated some feathered hearts. She also shared a layer cake quilt she made and her husband named it Temecula fruit cocktail.
Jessica – made a Valentine’s Day mini quilt using 2.5” squares. She also made a quilt top for a wall hanging made from a panel kit she bought from Primitive Gatherings called “Homegrown”. She also made three Christmas table runners she made from a quick tutorial she found by searching “15-minute table runner”
Sue – Finished her Christmas quilt. She used a layer cake, some fabric with metallic gold, and Glide thread that added some sheen as well.
Nancy – Made two manatee stuffed animals using a Monty Manatee pattern she found at Road to California. She shared a very easy coaster pattern she found as a possibility for an addition to our charity placemats.
- BOM is a Star Flower Quilt block: See the TVMQG Blog for the pattern.
- ACTION ITEM: All members are requested to bring in the BOM for next month’s meeting.
- REMINDER: instructions are up on the blog.
- NOTE! Once you sew together the half square triangles square-up the individual squares to 3.5” x 3.5” before you sew them all together.
- Nancy shared how to make an easy fabric coaster.
- The tutorial link can be found on the blog.
Upcoming Meeting and BOM presentations
NOTE: The block can be made in any fabric color desired. The instructions are on the TVMQG Blog. Block needs to be completed to measure 12.5".
- Bring supplies for placemats (machine, fabric, and/or batting), BOM, show and tell to next month’s meeting!