Date: September 21, 2017
Location: Primitive Gatherings, Murrieta, CA Time: 6:30 PM
Attendees: 13 Members, 2 Guests
Board Members Present: Jan Prytz, Jessica Rittgarn, Colleen Molen, Angelica Jones, Susan Long
Board Member Absent: Maritza Farr
1. Jan Prytz, the President, informed the group of the following:
a. A thanks was given to Jessica, Vice President, for leading last month's meeting.
b. By-law changes were brought up to the members and explained that anyone who wishes to make any changes should let Jan know in writing by email the changes to email@example.com. If there are suggestions, we will have a special meeting of the board and interested parties to review and recommend and present the changes to everyone at a regular meeting, for voting, Any proposed changes will need to be posted on the website 2 weeks in advance.
c. We will have 2 vacancies on the board and will be open to nominees for the following positions: Secretary and Treasurer (no nominees were made at this time so Jan asked that we all consider it until next meeting). Discussed job duties for each position and explained help would be given to those who wanted the position.
d. We will start planning the Christmas party for December's meeting. Dru has graciously offered Primitive Gatherings for the location of the party so we will be having it there. We will discuss next month the theme of the secret gift exchange theme for this year's party.
e. Interest was gauged for a pincushion swap. There seemed to be some interest so it will be discussed further at the next meeting.
2. Colleen Molen, the Treasurer, talked about the success of the first sit and sew to work on the QuiltCon Charity Challenge Quilt.
i. ACTION ITEM: Colleen Molen scheduled October 15 for a 2nd sew day at her home to continue to work on the Charity Quilt. Members present advised if they were available. Colleen will be sending an email with information on her address, fabrics to bring, etc.
3. Treasurer's Report - we have $854.12 in the TVMQG account.
4. Raffle Ticket WINNERS -
Jan Prytz - Primitive Gatherings gift card
Jessica Rittgarn - Victoria Findlay Wolfe Christmas Fabric
Angelica Jones - Halloween Fat quarter trio and Hexie pack by Me+You
Jessica Rittgarn - Me+You Fat Quarter Bundle
Attendees sharing items -
1. Jan Prytz - made 2 doll quilts for 2 little girls her cousin nannies for. Also made a quilt of "Delectable Mountain" for the boy her cousin nannies for.
2. Susanne O'Hara - Hexi Halloween quilt
3. Susan Long - Sharon Halloway had a quilt-a-long. Used mostly scraps
4. Nancy DiLeva (guest) - quilt she made the last Saturday in a jelly roll challenge with friends.
5. Wendy Van Eman (guest) - also made a quilt in the sane jelly roll challenge. Moda quilt pattern, fabrics are "Mixology".
6. Patricia Cooper - Coffee stained fabric and embroidered witches, working on the past 2 weeks. Hanging made from a panel given to her by a friend.
7. Sue Gillaspie - made a quilt for her sister in law.
8. Jessica Rittgarn- double sided table runner. Pillow made from pieces cut from Natalie's AccuQuiltGo cutter.
9. Colleen Molen - finished a quilt top she's been piecing over the last 3 years.
10. Patti Zimmerman- mini log cabin mini quilt. Submitted it to a Curated Quilts (online mag) for a mini log cabin challenge. Started off with the hexagon pack she won from a few months ago, but ended up using another hexie pack and took a pattern and changed it a bit
1. Madelyn - BOM: flying geese and alternate method (instructions on blog post)
a. ACTION ITEM: All members and guests are asked to consider completing a block and bring it to the October meeting.
2. Yard Sale was held by putting items near buckets that read $1, $3, $5, and more, according to its value. The guild made $102 during the yard sale. Remaining items not sold were taken back from those who had brought them in.
1. The next meeting is at Primitive Gatherings, Murrieta, October 19th at 6:30 pm
2. The next board meeting is at 8-bit Brewery, Murrieta, November 2nd at 6:30 pm
NOTE: The block can be made in any fabric color desired, but with a low volume background fabric. The instructions are on the TVMQG Blog. Block needs to be completed to measure 12.5".
1. October Meeting
Angelica - BOM
Magazine Challenge Due
Paint Chip Challenge Introduced
Linda Retton is going to demo how to make a One Block Wonder
2. November Meeting
Judy - BOM
Election of Officers
3. December Meeting
Maritza - BOM