Meeting Information -Monthly Meeting
Date: March 21, 2019
Location: Primitive Gatherings, Murrieta, CA Time: 6:30 PM
Attendees: 8 Members, 3 Guests
Board Members Present: Jan Prytz, President; Jessica Rittgarn, Vice President of Meetings; Madelynn MacRunnel, Treasurer; Taylor Darby, Secretary; Susanne O’Hara, Vice President of Charity Projects
Board Member Absent: Angelica Jones, Vice President of Social Media
- Jan Prytz – Announcements:
- We need monthly demos and BOM sign-ups
- Help out Green Hearts for New Zealand
- Guidelines on the Facebook page (i.e. no red, no faces, 6.5-inch squares, etc)
- Jan will collect all the squares and use the guild money on postage
- We are planning on having a “Free-take” table at our meetings
- Bring something you’d like to donate that is quilt related or any type of book
- Everything donated will go on a table and will be free for anyone to take
- Anything not taken will be given back to the original owner or donated in the name of the guild
- Raffle Ticket WINNERS:
- Lori Jones: QuiltCon Goodie Bag
- Madelynn MacRunnel: Chain Piecing Thread Cutter
- Judy Neillo: Fat Quarter Bundle
Show and Tell
Attendees sharing items - All beautiful and creative projects shared! The group enjoyed seeing all them too! See the TVMQG Blog posting for pictures.
Jan – showed us a baby quilt she made using leftover blocks from a previous quilt. She also showed us a couple quilts she made using a new layout idea for our 2019 charity quilts.
Toni – Showed us some wine bags she made that she realized may have multi-purposes.
Nancy – finished quilting two of our guild’s charity quilts. Showed us a Church Windows quilt she made using an Angela Walters template.
- BOM is a Mini Bowtie Quilt block by Marcia Hohn: See the TVMQG Blog for the pattern.
- ACTION ITEM: All members are requested to bring in the BOM for next month’s meeting.
- REMINDER: instructions are up on the blog.
- For the remainder of the meeting, we sewed together placemats to donate to Meals on Wheels!
Upcoming Meeting and BOM presentations
NOTE: The block can be made in any fabric color desired. The instructions are on the TVMQG Blog. Block needs to be completed to measure 12.5".
- Bring your favorite quilting book or magazine to show and tell!